Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Why My Inspiration Board Doesn't Look Very Inspirational


This room was furnished for less than $100.



Small ivory table, $15 at a local antique store.

White demi-lune table, $2 at a yard sale.






Memo board, $5, yard sale. White shelf, $2, flea market.

I just painted the walls Ivoire by Sherwin, which is my new favorite color. But you talk about Agony! Decisions! Deliberation! Deep contemplation! Gut wrenching choices!


And that was just what to wear to the paint store.


Then I saw all the color choices...

How do you choose a color when it has to be all these things at once:
soothing, sunny, romantic, sophisticated AND neutral.


Even I couldn't be all that at once.

AND IT HAS TO MATCH ALL YOUR STUFF.


Sigh.



I purchased this bed last month at a yard sale for $25.That's $49 total, plus I've since purchased a tufted chair for $20 at Goodwill. And guess what, this chair is ivoire. It used to be green, but it faded to the perfect shade. Ivoire. Not kiddin'.



The bed was olive green.

But then my paint brush transformed it
into a bed fit for a princess.

Or a sleeping baby prince. ;)


1 comment:

  1. It sure does look like a bed fit for a princess!! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete