Saturday, May 15, 2010

Cottage Decorating on the Cheap

This is my version of a bedroom for less than $100.

The bed: found at a yard sale for $50.









The bed was previously mustard colored.
If a dealer told me I'd devalued it by painting over the original color I'd still do it again.

Mustard is just wrong, sometimes even on hamburgers :)


It happened to match this old washstand which I use as a side table.
Its roomy drawer space makes it perfect for the job.

It was an Ebay find at $29.

A basket underneath serves as a catchall for books and magazines.




8 comments:

  1. Hello fellow vintie! You really lucked up on your tag sale find. The table & bed match perfectly... and the color was a great pick. Nice job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. great decision painting the bed!!! Not every old piece of furniture needs to be kept 'original' imho!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pictures and blog are amazingly gorgeous! I am a new follower!
    juliebearden@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://www.etsy.com/listing/11993699/tiny-rose-key-love-shadowbox-collage-in

    I love this framed collage!
    Juliebearden@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. Following your blog. I just found it and I love it! Amazing pictures! Beautiful! Off to check out your Etsy shop.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely beautiful--all except your daughters stinky toesies that is! lol OK--she's pretty cute too!
    Smiles, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you! I think she likes her new room!

    ReplyDelete